|shortlist: musical moments
||[Feb. 20th, 2007|02:12 pm]
moments i can still taste:
1. ocean by john butler trio, live at bonnaroo
2. when the music's over by the doors, 2005 in winnipeg. unscripted encore by ray manzarek, just amazing. 15 minutes of delight.
3. inside out by eve 6, the first time i ever put a car in a ditch. i didn't even own it yet. i was testing it out.
4. atlantic city by pete yorn (originally by bruce springsteen) first time i saw pete at the quest club about 4 years ago. just breathtaking.
5. ain't takin' bout love by 3eb (originally van halen), at fargo fair in '98 or '99. just surreal.
6. future freaks me out by motion city, first ave, two years ago. amazing.
7. jack the lion by harvey danger, 400 bar, last november. everything i wanted it to be, 8 years ago.
8. dear prudence by the beatles, listening to it on manual repeat from my dad's white album LP hours on end on rainy weekends growing up.. finishing the track and moving the needle back to the beginning
9. rocky raccoon by me (originally by beatles), first bonnaroo, last day, we had just packed up our camp because we saw rain coming, and i started playing as it started to rain and people sang along and were merry. it was great.
10. lit up by buck cherry, playmaker's in fargo, 2001. the essence of rock'n'roll.